How Extraction and Pumping Equipment Helps Buffalo Grove Residents with Water Damage
SERVPRO is an Expert Water Removal Service in Buffalo Grove
A burst pipe can release hundreds of gallons of water into your home in a matter of hours. Small amounts of water can stagnate quickly, leading to secondary damage. Standing water can exert excessive pound-for-pound pressure onto wall jointing and floors. We are available twenty-four hours a day to help with your home emergency.
A water damage site in Buffalo Grove can occur at any time. One of the most powerful responses to a water intrusion issue is to enlist professional water restoration technicians (WRT). SERVPRO is a local service that employs qualified technicians and equips them with advanced equipment. We can help mitigate losses in your home by correctly deploying water extraction equipment. Suppose a burst pipe has released large amounts of water into your home, rising above two inches in water level. In that case, our team can bring submersible water pumps to reduce standing water levels and relieve pressure on the structure of your property. Pumps are usually driven by portable generators powerful enough to transport liquid water as far as twenty-five feet away from home and deposit it into a nearby sewer point. No water intrusion events are the same, so pumping equipment comes in various styles with different usage requirements.
Pumping Standing Water Out of a Residential Property Mitigates Water Damage
- Waste (trash) pumps are capable of passing solid matter and water. We use these pumps when water comes from a contaminated source or has significant debris.
- High-pressure pumps are helpful for underground areas of the home, such as basements, because they generate enough force to move water uphill.
- Electric submersible pumps are among the most commonly used and can efficiently reduce standing water from home.
Reducing standing water levels ensures that the structure of your home is safe from damage. Pumping can also help to minimize water migration. Water migration begins immediately when water intrudes on a property and can pool inside wall or floor cavities. However, simply reducing the standing water level is not enough to mitigate water damage. Small amounts of moisture can weaken carpets by up to 50%, while wet surfaces significantly increase the likelihood of secondary damages such as mold growth. To mitigate against these potential damages, our technicians use water extractors. Extraction equipment comes in both portable and truck-mounted varieties. Truck-mounts can remove up to 100 gallons of water at a time, while portable extractors are helpful for upper floors and can hold 30 to 40 gallons before emptying. Extraction is much more efficient at reducing water residues than air-moving or dehumidification. Therefore, the equipment of choice when dealing with large amounts of moisture in a home.
Water Extractors and Their Usage Lessen Water Damage in Buffalo Grove
- Weighted water extractors help to compress thicker carpets or textiles. Moisture is squeezed from the material to be extracted into a storage tank.
- Light wand extractors can be used in tough-to-reach areas such as subfloors or in the home's upper levels.
- Hot water extraction is a process that we use to remove contaminants from salvageable textiles such as carpets and is an effective cleaning tool.
Emergency mitigation can save thousands of dollars in restoration costs. Contact SERVPRO of Buffalo Grove / Lake Zurich for water damage restoration at (847) 279-1940.