Mold Damage – Buffalo Grove Apartment
Mold damage at this Buffalo Grove apartment was due to a leaky and worn out water heater. The mold damage that had developed neede3d to be cleaned up before the water heater could be replaced. The first step in the process was to construct a containment area to prevent mold spores from traveling throughout the apartment while we were performing our work. Some drywall then needed to be removed as it was too damaged to restore. Mold had completely grown through the building material. This allowed us to get behind the wall to dry and treat the area. Commercial air movers and dehumidifiers were used to help with the drying phase of the project. Prior to installing new drywall, the affected areas were treated with an antimicrobial substance to inhibit future mold growth.